In consideration for being permitted to participate in any way in the Tour de Frederick on August 11-13,2017, a charitable event to benefit Boys & Girls Club of Frederick County (BGCFC) and Rotary Club of Carroll Creek, Inc. (RCCC), I, for myself and my personal representatives, assigns and heirs, make the following representations and warranties:
1. I Acknowledge, agree and represent that I understand the nature of bicycling activities and that I am qualified and capable to participate in such activity. I am in good physical condition and my bicycle has been properly maintained and is fully operational. I am knowledgeable about the rules of the road. I will not use tri handle bars in a pace line.
2. I ACKNOWLEDGE that I am participating in the Tour de Frederick on a voluntary basis and that I am solely responsible for my own safety. I further UNDERSTAND that the BGCFC and RCCC ARE NOT ASSUMING ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY SAFETY AND MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SAFETY OF THE EVENT OR GUARANTEES OF MY SAFETY. I further acknowledge that the activity will be conducted over public roads and facilities open to the public during the activity and upon which hazards of traveling are to be expected. I further agree and warrant that if at any time I believe conditions to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue further participation in the activity.
3. I FULLY UNDERSTAND that: (a) BICYCLING ACTIVITIES INVOLVE RISKS AND DANGERS OF SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS AND DEATH (“RISKS”); (b) These risks and dangers may be caused by my own actions, or the inactions of others participating in the activity, the condition in which the activity takes place, or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” NAMED BELOW; (c) there may be OTHER RISKS AND SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES either known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES I incur as a result of my participation in the activity.
4. I HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, COVENANT NOT TO SUE, AND AGREE TO IDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS BGCFC and RCCC, its administrators, directors, founder, ride leaders, volunteers, agents, and employees, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and releasers of premises on which the activity takes place (each considered one of the “RELEASEES” herein) (a) FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES THAT I MAY SUSTAIN OR INCUR THAT ARE CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS, and (b) FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES OR DAMAGES SUSTAINED BY ANY THIRD PARTY DUE TO MY OWN NEGLIGENCE.
5. I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE AND INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD INVALID THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.
HELMETS ARE REQUIRED - RIDE SINGLE FILE IN TRAFFIC – ALL RIDERS ARE EXPECTED TO FOLLOW THE LAWS FOR THE STATE OF MARYLAND LAWS FOR BICYCLISTS